How To Make Traditional Apple Pie
People of all groups age love apple pie. The taste, the flavors, the texture, and tenderness attract everyone. However, people mostly avoid sweet dishes because of the calories. Apple is one of the most beneficial fruits in the basket. The Traditional Apple Pie comes with the goodness of apple and the essence of cinnamon. This fruit pie is a rich source of both fats and carbohydrates. The cafeterias and food joints serve the dish with whipping cream or ice cream. You can make any pattern on the top of the pie. Moreover, the market offers us numerous varieties of apples. Bramley, Empire, Granny Smith, Mclntosh, etc. are some types of apple. The texture and taste of the pie depend upon the type of apple. The traditional apple pie offers lipids, amino acids, etc. This is also a great source of iron, which boosts hemoglobin.
Ingredients Of The Traditional Apple Pie
- Two cups of all-purpose flour
- One teaspoon of salt
- A three-fourth cup of shortening
- Ice water
- Scoops of vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- Six to Seven apples
- One cup of white sugar
- One cup of brown sugar
- One teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Two tablespoons of butter
Step By Step Recipe
Traditional apple pie accompanies our dinners as a dessert. Moreover, baking a traditional apple pie is very easy, and also hygienic. You can add secret ingredients like-raisin, chocolate chips, walnut, cashew, etc.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, shortenings, and salt with hand or an electric blender. Moreover, the dough should offer a cornmeal texture in this stage. You can add a splash of ice water to this, and remix it.
- Continue the previous step to moisten the dough for a perfect texture. Moreover, make sure to add water using spoons after some time.
- Cover the dough for at least 30 to 45 minutes for the perfect quality.
- However, you can set your oven to preheat at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- You need to divide the whole dough into halves. Moreover, we need to flatten the balls into perfect circles to fit the dish. Make two such circles with the dough.
- You can even make geometrical patterns on the circle at the top. However, the market offers various tools and equipment for the decorations.
- Cut the apples into small cubes after peeling the layer. Then add on the white and brown sugar to the apples. Moreover, add a pinch of salt and cinnamon powder to this mixture.
- Keep this aside for 15 minutes. Therefore, the apples will release the water content in it.
- Place the mixture within the pie base, and cover the top with another circle.
- Seal the edges of the traditional apple pie with your hand or tools.
- You can grease the top of the apple pie with butter and cinnamon powder. Moreover, use a foil to cover the pie from the head.
- Put the pie in the oven for about 25 minutes. Moreover, serve the pie with ice creams and raising or nuts.