Sweet pastry is traditional, and you can use it for all kinds of sweet desserts like tartlets, tortes, tarts, and pies. There are different recipes where you can make use of sweet pastry. But before that, you should know how to make delicious pastries. Having a clear idea will help you in becoming a pro at making sweet tarts and tortes.
Sweet pastries are a little different from the conventional shortcrust. The difference lies in the fact that softened butter is properly creamed using sugar before adding flour and eggs. This might seem a bit counter-intuitive, but the nice and light texture will be easier to work with in comparison to the standard shortcrust.
Recipe For Sweet Pastry
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
- Unsalted butter: 250 grams
- Icing sugar: 175g
- Plain flour: 400 grams
- Salt: 1 pinch
- Cream the sugar and butter together. Avoid over-mixing.
- Add eggs and mix well. Try scraping down the sides of the container to ensure that all the ingredients are mixed uniformly.
- Now add the salt and flour and blend until you get appropriately combined dough. Allow the dough to sit in the refrigerator before rolling.
Recipe For Bakewell Tart Using Sweet Pastry
Some great puddings and tarts can be made using sweet pastry. The Bakewell Tart is a favorite and delicious dessert that owes its origin to the Bakewell town. It makes a scrumptious afternoon treat, a snack, or a pudding as well.
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 60 mins
- Sweet pastry
- Egg white: 1
- Raspberry jam: 2 tbsp
- Butter: 150 grams
- Caster sugar: 55 grams
- Egg yolk: 1
- Eggs: 3
- Ground almonds: 150 grams
- Lemon zest: 1
- Flaked almonds: 2 tbsp
- Roll out the sweet pastry on a board. The board should be floured lightly.
- Grease and line a deep tart tin with the cake. Try pricking the pastry base and allow it to chill for around 15 minutes.
- Line the tart enclosure with parchment paper and then fill the baking beans.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- Remove the beans. Brush the cake lightly with egg white and bake it for about 4 minutes more.
- Now spread the jam on the base and allow it to chill.
- Cream the sugar and butter.
- Now add egg yolk and eggs.
- Fold in the lemon zest and ground almonds gently.
- Next, pour the entire blend in the pastry case and level the surface.
- Bake for twenty minutes and then sprinkle flaked almonds on top.
- Bake for another 20 minutes. Once done, let it cool.
- Serve with creams or sauce.
Every individual requires a basic and good sweet pastry recipe, and the one detailed above is something on which you can depend. You can easily experiment with this recipe by adding some extra flavors such as vanilla or orange zest. You also have the option of adding some cinnamon or nutmeg. If there are any leftovers, you can easily store them to be used later on.